No Way Home Predictions

Spider-Man: No Way Home Predictions

by Akshat Agarwal


Pre-Viewing Thoughts: 

I am writing before I watch Spider-Man: No Way Home to share my predictions.   

SPOILER ALERT: My guesses are so good, it might as well be the actual movie. Check out my predictions below

1) ANDREW AND TOBEY

Andrew and Tobey are NOT in the movie. As cool and exciting as it would be to have them in the movie, I just don’t see it happening. We’ve been seeing all the hype around this, but the actors themselves have repeatedly asserted that they have not been contacted about the movie. Honestly they attested to this so much that you start to feel bad for Andrew. He’s out trying to promote Tick, Tick, BOOM! and everyone’s harassing him about this movie. I know a lot about NWH has been hush hush but they’re not in it

*In the case that I am very wrong and they are in it, I think it will be a short cameo in a post-credits scene or something along those lines.  No more than 20 minutes of screen time.
Spider-Man: No Way Home's leaked track uses Tobey Maguire and Andrew  Garfield's themes, fans call it 'best leak yet' | Hollywood - Hindustan  Times
(The three Spider-Men)

2) THE SINISTER SIX

Let’s recap who we know is in the Sinister Six:

Willem Dafoe’s Green Goblin (my personal favorite villain)
Spider-Man: No Way Home:' Willem Dafoe Was Hidden Under a Cape | IndieWire
Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock (very close second to Dafoe)
Spider-Man 3 casts Alfred Molina as Doctor Octopus opposite Tom Holland -  Polygon

Thomas Haden Church’s Sandman (not a fan)
Why Sandman Is Among the Best Spider-Man Villains
Rhys Ifans’s Lizard (kinda meh villain tbh)
Rhys Ifans Addresses His Possible Appearance In No Way Home for the First  Time
Jamie Foxx’s Electro (I liked him in Amazing Spider-Man 2 but I do think the new look is an improvement)
Jamie Foxx Has A Great Way Of Responding To Questions About Upcoming Slate,  Including Reprising Electro For Spider-Man: No Way Home | CinemablendDid Jamie Foxx Just Spoil 'Spider-Man: No Way Home'?
So it definitely seems like they are trying to build a Sinister Six for Tom Holland’s Spider-Man. They’re already 5/6ths of the way there. BUT…

I think they aren’t building the Sinister Six largely because Green Goblin isn’t normally associated with the Sinister Six. Additionally, news from the grapevine suggests that Vulture is the one who’s going to assemble a Sister Six beginning in Morbius. This is supported by the fact that Sony is coming out with a Kraven the Hunter movie in 2023. 


(Morbius trailer above if you haven’t seen it already)

What I will say, though, is that I expect that this movie will not be the last time we see tie-ins to the previous Spider-Man films. In fact, considering how the Sony universe and the MCU recently placed themselves in the same universe, I’d say that one of these villains, if not more, could be in Vulture’s Sinister Six.


If they do decide that they want a Sinister Six, these would be my top picks:

1) MEPHISTO:
    Not to be one of those fans, but there’s no denying that this movie relies heavily on the One More Day story arc where Peter makes a deal with none other than Mephisto himself. Also, I recently examined the trailers again and Dr. Strange was acting very, well, strange. Why would he send a kid who doesn’t know the first thing about the multiverse to fight against five supervillains? Also, why would he do a risky spell in the first place? For all we know, Dr. Strange’s body is being piloted around by Mephisto and he turns out to be the true villain in the end. 
 Marvel's Mephisto: 10 Things You Need To Know About This Hellish VillainWhy Benedict Cumberbatch Was the Only Man Who Could Play Doctor Strang |  Vanity Fair
(Mephisto on the left; Dr. Strange on the right)
2) THE GREEN GOBLIN FROM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2:
    This one is admittedly less likely, especially because as I said before, the Green Goblin generally doesn’t associate with the Sinister Six. I am basing this one off the fact that if you look through the trailer, there's footage of someone in a Green Goblin like setup flying towards the screen. It doesn’t resemble Willem Dafoe’s Green Goblin but it does look similar to the Green Goblin from Andrew’s Spider-Man with some much needed improvements. 

(Green Goblin like Character)
3) NED LEED’s HOBGOBLIN:
    I personally don’t want to see this one just because I think Ned and Peter have a very cool friendship. I will say that sometimes Peter does take Ned for granted though. Anyways, the evidence for this one is actually the same as the one for the Garfield Green Goblin (GGG?). Hobgoblin shares some aspect with Green Goblin in the comics, with the most striking similarity being the glider, but the green lining in the mystery figure’s costume makes this one the least likely.


3) CHARLIE COX

I feel like this one is the one fan theory most likely to be true.  Kevin Feige has confirmed that Charlie Cox will be playing Daredevil in the MCU and I think that given the plot setup and stuff the cast has said. Peter is in legal trouble in the movie and Matt does have a specialty in dealing with superhero/supervillain court cases, being Daredevil. I haven’t watched the Netflix series but I will (look out for my thoughts on that), but I know the character is popular among the fans so I think it would be a smart move on Disney’s part.

(Is the guy in the white shirt Matt Murdock?)



4) SPIDER-MAN GETS MAGIC!

Admittedly, this is less a theory and more confirmed, but I am very excited to see a magical Spider-Man suit. I suspect he probably gets it from Dr. Strange but I would be swinging off the walls if he made it himself. In the trailer, there is some magical effect over his forearms where his webshooters would be, so I suspect that the spell made his webs insulated. That way, Electro couldn’t send Peter into cardiac arrest. 



(Spider-Man in his suit. You can see the magic on his forearm)


Those are all of my predictions for Spider-Man: No Way Home. Thanks for reading, guys! Be sure to check out my movie review where I will see which predictions (if any) were right. Check out the Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer below if you haven’t seen it already.






This post and any affiliated links, images, and videos are not for commercial purposes but for entertainment and discussion.
 



Comments

  1. Nicely written Sonny. I am also a Spiderman fan, though grown up and getting older. Your predictions are good. Let's hope to see some of them coming true in NWH. All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Way Home Review

Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness Review